The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
April 3, 2023
- Pegcetacoplan (Syfovre) for Geographic Atrophy in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Three Drugs for Atopic Dermatitis (Adbry, Cibinqo, and Rinvoq)
- In Brief: Rezvoglar - Another Insulin Glargine Product Interchangeable with Lantus
- Atezolizumab (Tecentriq) for Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma (online only)
- Olutasidenib (Rezlidhia) for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (online only)
- In Brief: Fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan (Enhertu) for Breast Cancer (online only)
- In Brief: A New Indication for Abemaciclib (Verzenio) (online only)
- Dostarlimab (Jemperli) for Endometrial Cancer (online only)
Subscribers: Log in to read full issue. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase issue.
Pegcetacoplan (Syfovre) for Geographic Atrophy in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
April 3, 2023 (Issue: 1673)The FDA has approved the complement C3 inhibitor pegcetacoplan (Syfovre – Apellis) for treatment of geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Given as a series of monthly or every-other-month (EOM)...more
- U Chakravarthy et al. Characterizing disease burden and progression of geographic atrophy secondary to age-related macular degeneration. Ophthalmology 2018; 125:842. doi:10.1016/j.ophtha.2017.11.036
- Drugs for common eye disorders. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2019; 61:187.
- D Desai and PU Dugel. Complement cascade inhibition in geographic atrophy: a review. Eye (Lond) 2022; 36:294. doi:10.1038/s41433-021-01765-x
- Approximate WAC. WAC = wholesaler acquisition cost or manufacturer's published price to wholesalers; WAC represents a published catalogue or list price and may not represent an actual transactional price. Source: AnalySource® Monthly. March 5, 2023. Reprinted with permission by First Databank, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2023. www.fdbhealth.com/drug-pricing-policy.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.