The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- COVID-19 Update: FDA Authorizes Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Dosing Interval for Tixagevimab/Cilgavimab (Evusheld) (online only)
- COVID-19 Update: Prescription of Paxlovid by Pharmacists (online only)
- Tapinarof Cream (Vtama) for Psoriasis
- Oteseconazole (Vivjoa) for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Lumateperone (Caplyta) for Bipolar Depression
- A Donepezil Patch (Adlarity) for Alzheimer's Disease (online only)
COVID-19 Update: FDA Authorizes Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine
August 8, 2022 (Issue: 1656)The FDA has issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for an adjuvanted protein subunit COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Novavax. The vaccine is indicated for use as a two-dose primary series to prevent COVID-19 in adults; it is not...more
- FDA News Release. Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: FDA authorizes emergency use of Novavax COVID-19 vaccine, adjuvanted. July 13, 2022. Available at: https://bit.ly/3z5ytoA. Accessed July 21, 2022.
- FDA. COVID-19 vaccines. July 13, 2022. Available at: https://bit.ly/3yFqM75. Accessed July 21, 2022.
- LM Dunkle et al. Efficacy and safety of NVX-CoV2373 in adults in the United States and Mexico. N Engl J Med 2022; 386:531.
- FDA. FDA. Fact sheet for health care providers administering vaccine (vaccination providers). Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the Novavax vaccine, adjuvanted to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). July 13, 2022. Available at: https://bit.ly/3o702aV. Accessed July 21, 2022.
- PT Heath et al. Safety and efficacy of NVX-CoV2373 Covid-19 vaccine. N Engl J Med 2021; 385:1172.
- FDA briefing document: Novavax COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting. June 7, 2022. Available at: https://bit.ly/3cfguDo. Accessed July 21, 2022.
- ACOG. COVID-19 vaccination considerations for obstetric-gynecologic care. June 3, 2022. Available at: https://bit.ly/3ASSpfW. Accessed July 21, 2022.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.