1. FDA Drug Safety Communication: Valproate anti-seizure products contraindicated for migraine prevention in pregnant women due to decreased IQ scores in exposed children. Available at www.fda.gov. Accessed May 28, 2013.
2. Drugs for psychiatric disorders. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2013; 11:53.
3. SD Silverstein et al. Evidence-based guideline update: pharmacologic treatment for episodic migraine prevention in adults: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. Neurology 2012; 78:1337.
4. KJ Meador et al. Fetal antiepileptic drug exposure and cognitive outcomes at age 6 years (NEAD study): a prospective observational study. Lancet Neurology 2013; 12:244.
5. J Christensen et al. Prenatal valproate exposure and risk of autism spectrum disorders and childhood autism. JAMA 2013; 309:1696.
6. KJ Meador and DW Loring. Risks of in utero exposure to valproate. JAMA 2013; 309:1730.