The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Roxybond - An Abuse-Deterrent Formulation of Short-Acting Oxycodone
- Imvexxy - Another Estradiol Vaginal Insert for Dyspareunia
- Osmolex ER - Another Extended-Release Amantadine for Parkinson's Disease
- Obiltoxaximab (Anthim) for Inhalational Anthrax
- A Mometasone-Eluting Sinus Implant (Sinuva) for Nasal Polyps
- Lutetium Lu 177 Dotatate (Lutathera) for Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (online only)
Roxybond - An Abuse-Deterrent Formulation of Short-Acting Oxycodone
September 10, 2018 (Issue: 1555)The FDA has approved Roxybond (Daiichi Sankyo), an short-acting (SA) oxycodone formulation with abuse-deterrent properties, for treatment of pain requiring management with an opioid. Roxybond is the first SA opioid to be approved as an...more
- Opioids for pain. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2018; 60:57.
- Institute for Clinical and Economic Review. Abuse-deterrent formulations of opioids: effectiveness and value. New England Comparative Effectiveness Public Advisory Council, August 8, 2017. Available at: https://icer-review.org. Accessed August 30, 2018.
- Abuse-deterrent opioids. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:95.
- LR Webster et al. A randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, placebo-controlled, intranasal human abuse potential study of oxycodone ARIR, a novel, immediate-release, abuse-deterrent formulation. Pain Med 2018 March 28 (epub).
- DH Solomon et al. The comparative safety of analgesics in older adults with arthritis. Arch Intern Med 2010; 170:1968.
- NT Vozoris et al. Incident opioid drug use and adverse respiratory outcomes among older adults with COPD. Eur Respir J 2016; 48:683.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; September 18 (epub). Available at: www.medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf. Accessed August 30, 2018.
- VE Whiteman et al. Maternal opioid drug use during pregnancy and its impact on perinatal morbidity, mortality, and the costs of medical care in the United States. J Pregnancy 2014; 2014:906723.
- Drugs for opioid use disorder. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:89.
- A Shah et al. Characteristics of initial prescription episodes and likelihood of long-term opioid use – United States 2006-2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017; 66:265.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.